By: Amy Cooper, ACRONYM
The Group "Dads and Dragons" have organized the second Harry Potter and the Transfigured Town Festival in Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The festival, according to Narcity, will be transformed for 3 days into the Magical World of Harry Potter, and it is to raise funds to improve the town.
The event includes the following:
- Official Quidditch Canada matches for Goderich’s Cup,
- Unofficial Quidditch matches for the Marauder’s Cup,
- Live performances by The Lovegoods and Tonks, as well as The Aurors,
- Multiple vendors and participating businesses (including a craft wand shop),
- A Poly-Wizard Tournament,
- A House challenge,
- A scavenger hunt,
- Free face painting, and much more!
What could be the first makings of a Harry Potter Con of sorts, I of course, already got tickets. You can do so here, and the early birds at $15 were already gone, so if you're a die hard Harry Potter fan, it's time to head to Canada this fall. And for you Detroiters, it's ony a 3 hour car ride - shorter than driving to Toronto.